5/19/08

Pakchoy and Peach

Since peaches are back in season, I can finally share with you the very first paleo recipe I ever came up with. This is still a favourite and I've missed it soooo much while the peaches were unavailable. I've made it a lot for guests last summer (&today) and they all love it. Yes, I'm rather proud of it- please be gentle with my feelings ;)

Ingredients (4 servings);
- 4 peaches
- 1 pakchoy
- 2 onions
- 1 or 2 sweet red paprika's
- 500 grams/15 ounce of lean beef
- dried green herbs

Start by cutting everything into bite-sized pieces, except for the onions- they want to be sliced. Keep an eye on those pakchoy greens, as it's easy to accidentally cut them too big. When you're all prepared brown your meat in some coconut oil. Add the onions and paprika, give that 2 minutes. Then throw in your pakchoy, and last but not least- the peaches.
Now it's time for the herbs, I use a different mix everytime. Take your pick of oregano, thyme, basil, dragon or chervil. Pick at least 2 or just use them all. Be generous. When you've sprinkled them on top, drown it all with a glass of water. Stir a couple times and then cover your pan. Leave it for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then it's done. As an added bonus, this will make your kitchen smell extremely good.

If you're just cooking for yourself, don't bother cutting the recipe in half or anything like that. This recipe works very well for the freezer. Re-heated it still tastes brilliant. Unfortunately tonight it tasted so good I was barely able to save some for breakfast tomorrow, otherwise my freezer would now be full of the stuff. Yumm.

22 comments:

Lemur said...

Looks yummy! Is pakchoy the same thing as bokchoy? I use bokchoy all the time in my salads & stir-frys, and it looks like what you have pictured.

Thanks for the new idea!

Naomi said...

Jep, pakchoy=bokchoy. I'm just using this translation because it's more similar to the dutch word for it.

If you ever end up making it, please take a picture! Your pictures are so nice.. which reminds me to poke you for not updating more often ;)

Thanks for commenting :)

Anonymous said...

thats totally me.
the make enough for later and consume it all rightNOW.

M.

Naomi said...

Hehe, good to know I'm not the only one :)

Lemur said...

Thanks, I kinda figured they were the same thing. No matter how you say it, it's yummy.

And thanks for liking my pictures, I think they're pretty lame usually. I'm sorry I don't update often, I honestly just think, "Eh, no one is reading it anyways." But now that I know someone is actually checking it, I'll try to keep up with it.

It would probably help if I told anyone about it, I'm just so bad at saying "Hey look at me!" I just don't want to come off as annoying, ya know?

Btw, I finally tried to mess with the settings to make it look a little better and I added you to my link list. Hope that's ok with you. ;)

Naomi said...

Lemur, I know exactly what you mean with not wanting to come off as annoying.. It's a big dilemma, especially when you run a website that's meant to be usefull to people.. it can't be usefull when it's unknown!

Thanks for linking, and I'll do the same.. everyone ought to see those pretty pictures :)

Christine said...

Your recipes look fantastic. Very fresh and clean. I just found your blog and I love what I am seeing. Thanks for sharing your meals.

Steve Caddy said...

Now you're making me miss peaches.
But we do have pears. OMG, so good right now!

I made a great ratatouille the other day! I'll try to remember to send you the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Teeter! Prof Devanys daughter-in-law reading my blog, how cool is that? ;)

Steve, please do remember. I have absolutely no clue what a ratatouille even is, and I would love to find out :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds delicious! Love the sweet and savory combination.

Naomi said...

Thank you Crabby, I love your blog :)

Anonymous said...

This looks *awesome*. I'm allergic to bell pepper, so I'll have to leave them out, but this looks otherwise fantastic. I'm going to try it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm sure it'll work just fine without the peppers- for a little more body you could try upping the amount of pakchoy or adding some zucchini. Good luck! Please let me know how you liked it :)

Anonymous said...

Pakchoy and peach- an interesting combination. I am sure it tastes great. Thanks for the amazing recipe. The blog is a treasure trove.

Recipe Secrets Review said...

Great recipe thank you very much.

Paleo Recipe Book Review said...

Looks tasty thanks for this recipe about to make it tomorrow in my free time!

thanks!

buy youtube views said...

Excellent posting. Undoubtedly you are an expert when it comes to this writing. This is absolutely the first time I visited your site and to tell the truth it succeeds in making me visit here now and then.

High School Diploma said...

Your work is great have more and more info it Thanks

High School Diploma Program said...

Good post keep it up.

Obat Penghapus Tatto said...

Nice article...Obat Aborsi
Obat Bius
Obat Pembesar Penis
Alat Bantu Sex
Obat Penghapus Tatto

James said...

There are so many different aspects when it comes to this topic. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge on this particular aspect.
wandgreep

Sophie Grace said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful inf. Check link picbear to know more nice hashtags on instagram.