5/14/08

Lunch hacks nr. 2

It's about time I'm getting some of the practical stuff out I've been planning to blog about for months. So, here is another lunch hacks post. The last post was something for on the road. Today though, is for when you're in a school cafeteria or workplace that provides you with some cutlery and a plate, but nothing healthy to eat. The recipe is one from the archives, easy egg salad.

You need;
- 1/2 a bag of mixed salad
- 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs
- a tablespoon or 2 of olive oil
- some lemon juice
- a peg
- some toilet paper

Take that bag of salad and add the olive oil and lemon juice. Shake it up real good, then close it with a peg. Wrap your egg(s) in toilet paper to prevent accidently breaking the shell. Be carefull with putting this stuff in your bag, especially the salad needs to be on top.
When it's time for lunch, grab a plate, a knife and a fork. Drop that salad on your plate. Peel the egg(s) and cut it into pieces right on top of your salad leaves. Smile to the people looking at you like you're crazy and dig in.

Maybe add an apple, a bell pepper or a brown bag 'o veggies if you need some more to be satisfied. You can discard both the toilet paper and empty salad bag, so no dragging extra dishes back home. Isn't that great?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Naomi, I am really enjoying reading your blog. I am sick of carrying containers to and from work and feeling like a mule! Please post more of your lunch ideas that don't cost too much and are easy to carry!

On a separate note, as a woman, I would really love to hear the details about any and all improvements (health, etc.) that you may have experienced on this diet.

Thank you and please continue to post.

Naomi said...

Thanks so much for your comment, made my day :) Glad to know I'm not the only one with container trouble and very happy that i'm actually usefull.

I'll post some more about what paleo has done for me in the future.

Thanks for reading :)

Patrik said...

Hi Naomi,

I love that you are doing Paleo "hacks" --- that is what my site is all about. Literally, PaleoHacks.com.

Indie-Lou said...

Yes, totally do more portable lunch posts! I drive all over the city and don't have time for one full lunch between my appointments. More like 2 or 3 snacks.

Diggin your site.

XO