6/10/08

Shrimp Shish Kabob

This weekend the european football* championship started, and yesterday was Holland's first game. It was versus Italy, the current world champion. A friend invited me and a couple others over for a barbeque before watching the game, and we went dutch- everybody bringing their own food. So I made some shrimp shish kabob, since I'd wanted to post some of those here anyway.

Ingredients (for 1 stick);
- 3 medium sized shrimp
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 3 small chunks zucchini
And the marinade (for +/-20 shrimp);
- a tablespoon olive oil
- a teaspoon garlic powder
- a teaspoon cayenne pepper
- a teaspoon dried thyme
- a teaspoon dried parsley

First put your marinade ingredients in a bowl that can hold your shrimp aswell. Toss in the shrimp and rub in the herbs, I prefer to do this with my fingers just to make sure they all get an even coating. Leave the bowl in the fridge for half an hour or so.
After those 30 mins, grab a stick and alternate your 3 ingredients. You can also choose to go with the decorative version you can see in the picture on the left- just use a cheese grater to make some zucchini slices. Put them on the grill for 10 to 15 minutes, you only want the veggies to go a bit soft (not too much) and the shrimp slightly crispy. If you like, serve with garlic mayo. Yumm.

The bbq was fun, my friends tasted and liked the shrimp. Then 'we' beat Italy with 3-0 by truely outstanding football* play. Friday is the next game versus France, cheer for us? ;)



*Aka soccer.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

drool.

I need to get the gas dud out here STAT to get my grill fixed!

MizFit

Anonymous said...

Haha, it's anti-procrastination-day this wednesday, gogo! :)

Rumela said...

My father is a huge fan of shrimp shish kabob and I always try to make one for him whenever we see my parents. He has yet to be fully blown away by any of the recipes i've tried. Simplicity is key, and yours looks perfect! Can't wait to try it. thank you for shearing your post.

pharmacy said...

I don't like sweet things with my meat but I have to admit that it looks pretty good.

Indian Pharmacy said...

this could be an excellent idea for a party, thank you so much I gong to try this soon...

Paleo Recipes said...

This looks very yummmy!

Recipe secrets said...

Thanks for the recipe! really liked it and will be making it again soon!

comprar tablet pc said...

Really worthwhile data, much thanks for your article.

pay per head service said...

I have wanted to learn more about particular topics, but not many websites would help me out in informing me the way I expected. This left me with many question, but after reading your article, I got an answer to all my questions. You are too cool dude!!!