1/13/08

Stuffed Bell Peppers

This is a recipe I stole off my mom, and then modified to suit my diet. It's sort of fancy, so it works well for when you have guests.

It's also really easy to make! Ingredients;
- 3 bell peppers
- about 150 grams of minced meat
- 1 onion
- 2 very ripe tomatoes
- some garlic to taste
- 1 small can of tomato juice

First clean out the peppers, just remove the seeds and ofcourse the stem. Then half them and put them in an oven dish. For the stuffing you simply cut up the onion, garlic and the 2 tomatoes. Then mix it well with the minced meat. Nicely top off the peppers, then take your can of tomato juice and pour it around and over the peppers.

Next you just shove it in the oven and leave it there for about an hour. I really wouldn't know what temperature is best to use, as my little oven doesnt have any different settings. It just gets hotter and hotter, which is why I don't really bother with pre-heating either :P

I had some leftover chinese cabbage from breakfast, and I made some rice with raisins and pinenuts for my flatmate.

Since I went to the market at the end of the day, this was a really cheap meal.
- Peppers, ~50 cents
- Tomatoes, ~25 cents
- Mince, 0.75 cents

All the other stuff came from the pantry, and must've been about a euro together. That's roughly a 2.50 euro meal for two people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was yummy! <3

Give more!