1/24/08

Tomato Salad

This is a recipe for a simple tomato salad. I wouldn't have thought to put it on here, because to me it seems so regular. But ofcourse, just because I have eaten this since I was a little kid, doesn't mean everyone else knows it. Well, to be honest I always used to have it with mayonaise instead of mustard, but this is way better.

Ingredients;
- a bag of salad
- 2 medium tomatoes
- mustard powder
- citrus flavoured olive oil

Ofcourse, if you don't have your olive oil flavoured like this, you can just add some lemon juice. Gives exactly the same effect. To make the salad, empty the bag in a bowl. Then add the tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces. Add some mustard powder, not too much! It's a strong flavour. Then generously sprinkle it with olive oil (and maybe lemon juice). Toss it up, and done!

As you can see, my dinner tonight was this lovely salad with a nice piece of meat. Maybe have some fruit for dessert, and that's one tasty and easy paleo meal.


Tip; it's especially good with baby spinach and plain mustard from a jar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, this meal was really delicious and it's simple to make! :D

Mango for dessert is a nice finish

Naomi said...

Thanks Jop, I'm glad you liked it :)