6/23/08

Pakchoy & Chicken Salad

This weekend I had my brother, his girlfriend and my friend Jop over for dinner. We had a good time. Unfortunately I was a bit distracted* by my company so I didn't take a close-up picture of the food.. Instead you can take a good look at these lovely people ;)

Even though there is no good food pic, I'm still going to go ahead and share the recipe with you. It would be a crime to make you wait for the next time I'm going to eat it.

Ingredients(for two);
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 pakchoy
- some salad
- cinnamon
- 2 handfulls of walnuts
- walnut oil

Start by cutting up your chicken breasts into bite sized chunks. Heat up a frying pan and add a little oil**. Brown your chicken on all sides, and leave for a little bit to make sure it's all cooked.
While you're letting your chicken sit (don't let it burn!) rip the pakchoy greens to shreds and arrange them on your plates. Cover the leaves with some mixed salad, anything you've got lying around will do. Then top that off with the white part of your pakchoy, cut into bite sized pieces.
Pour some walnut oil on top of the salad-base. Sprinkle your chicken with a lot of cinnamon and add the pieces to your salad. To finish it off, crush the walnuts in your fist and toss them on top.

*Honestly, I was just in stress because I'm a complete disaster at planning this type of thing. I want it all to be perfectly nice when people come over, but I always end up forgetting something, burning something, or.. well you get the idea ;)

**Preferably coconut oil.

3 comments:

Marc said...

Gezellig hoor!

Naomi said...

Hehe, heel gezellig :)

Still haven't managed to 'convert' any of them yet, though Jop has been using EF as a guideline and achieved great results. Maybe he'll share his story at some point.

Marc said...

Timely.
I just shared my story today.
Chris had asked, so I thought why not ;-)

Heb een lekker weekend!!!!