2/20/08

Cucumber Tomato Salad

A pretty classic salad. It's simple and it's pretty easy to eat, so bringing it for lunch is a good idea. The things I've got on me always are my phone, wallet, glasses and a spoon. So anything you can eat easily with a spoon scores extra with me!

Ingredients (2 servings);
- 1 cucumber
- 2 or 3 tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- olive oil & lemon juice

Oh yes, the olive oil and lemon juice again.. Without measuring as usual, just be very generous. This is really no-nonsense, which is exactly what you need when trying to keep expenses low. Being on a tight budget doesn't have to be a reason to join the ranks of the unhealthy!

4 comments:

Marc said...

YUM! Looks GREAT!
Sometimes I splurge and toss in some feta and fresh cilantro.
Ocourse add a piece of grilled chicken and you have a meal that I could eat every day ;-)
Have a great weekend!

Marc

Naomi said...

hehe, chicken indeed! I had it alongside half a whole chicken :)

chow bella said...

I'm glad I found your blog! I've been eating primal/paleo since July and it has helped me not only lose weight but increase my energy! For the new year I want to be more economical, so I'm going to use your blog as a resource!

Wednesday Dreams said...

Thanks ffor a great read